Every year, more people around the world apply for the US green card. Millions of people apply. Less than 60,000 end up successful. Do you want to know how to get a green card? All you have to do is wait until the applications are open to the rest of the world. This usually happens once a year. The application period lasts a month. Therefore, you have to be alert and quick to send your application.
What is the procedure?
The process is simple. If you do it right, as shown below, your life can change for the better.
- Check if you’re eligible to apply by visiting the relevant eligibility webpage
- You only need your passport-size photos in full color
- Visit the green card application webpage and fill the forms with your details accurately
- Follow the instructions on each subsequent page thoroughly
- Don’t forget to attach the colored photos
Once you submit your details, the next task would be to wait for the feedback. You will receive an email to tell you that you have been granted the US Green Card. You should also expect a letter from the government of the United States. As a proud Green Card holder, you’re entitled to relocate to the US permanently. You can relocate with your spouse and family if you entered their names or details when filling the application form.
Benefits of Green Card
Some of the benefits you’re entitled to include:
- The right to live in the US permanently as long as you don’t commit crime or other acts that could cause your removal from the country
- The right to work gainfully anywhere in the country as long as you’re qualified for the job and you want to do it
- The right to be under the protection of all US laws
- The right to enjoy the protection of laws in the state where you reside
- The right to enjoy the protection provided by laws within the local jurisdictions
However, it’s worth mentioning that you can’t do any job that you want. Some jobs are specifically limited to the citizens of the US. This is done for security reasons. As a permanent resident of the United States, you have some responsibilities too. For example, you’re under obligation to obey all federal and state laws. Furthermore, you’re under obligation to obey the local laws fully. Therefore, you can’t go breaking the laws thinking that you exempt from them.
Once you get the US Green Card and relocate to the country permanently, you will be under obligation to file your tax returns on time. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will be expecting to receive a report of the income you have earned. The state tax authorities will also be waiting to hear from you. It’s a crime to try changing the duly elected government. All males have to register with the Selective Service, but only if they are between 18-25 years old.
Therefore, learn how to get a green card and apply for it. Your life could change for the better!